Sunday, November 13, 2022

The Darkness of My Soul

 

An Old Portrait of My Soul

Since youth, I trained myself to survive losses and reorient my life path. Being wise does not mean not making mistakes but learning from them to improve my life and my art. I was and I still am struggling with my big dreams that were never simple or easily achievable.

An artwork is not just a beautiful piece of art that some art lover would hang on the wall or from the ceiling. It is the manifestation of the artist's appeal intended to stop the chaos, enrich the life around us, and strengthen the light that can defeat the inside and outside darkness.

The Darkness of My Soul is one of many miniature artworks I started creating in the late 1980s to enhance the vision and the technique of my one-of-a-kind style, Logogramism.

           The technique I used in this artwork portrays color ink and aquarelle on texture paper. I also used a rubbing technique to create the pictograph symbol of the dark moon, especially carving tools and sharp blades that I usually use to produce a woodcut piece.

Subject: The Darkness of My Soul

Technique: Mixed Media on paper

Measurements: 10x10 Cm

Date: 1992

Price: $5,000


No comments:

Post a Comment