Sunday, June 12, 2022

An Ekphrases of my soul in words and colors

 


The Date-palm Wounds

 Technique: Acrylic on Stretched paper canvas

Measurements: 24 x 35.25

Date: 2021

Price: $25,000 | Private Collection


The Date-palm Wounds

Amer Hanna Fatuhi

 

In our first home

Where kingdoms were established

And fortresses collapsed

in my homeland

that gave birth to the numbers and letters

Where the rivers are Biblical

And where love

bridges of soul

They came suddenly

From dusty deserts

barren

In the name of Allah

And the name of Al-Futuh*

They took me from the Tigris

Took me away from my colors

and my paintings

crucify me upside down

gouge out my eyes

They rip my heart out by force

Hoping that I will tell

but what I may say?

When there is nothing in my mind and heart

Other than a palm tree

And a revealing gorgeous girl

from every cell in me

leaks like a fragrant scent


*****


In our last home

I miss you

like a child

he laughs sometimes

and sometimes wail

Coming back does not help me

And departing can not cure me

in every sun

and moon

I just want to hug you

and a Babylonian palm-tree

that since losing the two rivers

burdened with wounds

 

June. 12, 2022

 

 

* Al-Futuh means religious/Islamic conquests


No comments:

Post a Comment