Monday, June 13, 2022

Siege Trilogy - Man's Siege

 


Man's Siege

 In 1986, I called for establishing a new art group (Horizon). This group, which condemned aggression and promoted peace and love through art was a hit in the art arena. Many local and international magazines and other media outlets covered the two shows of the Horizon group before it was dismantled after my arrest and torture. I was later sentenced to death three times!

However, one international senior sculptor, Ishmael Fatah, who had many achievements worldwide was watching me and was quite impressed and excited about my work. He decided to buy my sculpture titled “The Chair of Orwell’s Farm”. http://www.amerfatuhiart.com/Gallery.html

 In 1992, I had a two-man show titled “Siege”, where Ishmael approached me and purchased one of my three-part artworks (Siege - Man's Siege). This original and coveted piece belongs to the LOGOGRAMISM style that I created almost two years after I was released from the Security police detention center in 1988.

 It depicts a head derived from the pictograph writing system that was created in the Eighth Millennium, BC. This is the period when Mesopotamian clay tokens originated.

The Epic of Gilgamesh also helped me to come up with colorful backgrounds when I was studying the Eleventh Tablet of the Great Flood, while the colorful triangles inside the main figure were made to match the clay cone mosaic from the Uruk temple and the famous Standard of Ur.

Artist and art lover Ishmael told me the next day when he invited me to enjoy a bottle or two of beer (maybe more!) with grilled fish (Masgouf) by the riverside: “You almost had me crying out of joy. I have immediately fallen in love with this work. The colors, the Logogramism theme, and the technique of (colors and textures) make it one of its kind”.

 Subject: Siege Trilogy - Man's Siege

Technique: Acrylic, Solvent Inks & Sand on Canvas

Measurements: 70 x 90 | 39.3 x 27.5 Inches

Date & Price: 1992 | $21,000

The painting is held in the collection of the late prominent modern art sculptor Ishmael Fatah

No comments:

Post a Comment