Saturday, July 30, 2022

An artwork in my own thoughts!

 

An Angel and Princesses

The Ongoing Logogramism of Love & Life Style

“Art is an expression of our thoughts, emotions, intuitions, and desires, but it is even more personal than that: it's about sharing the way we experience the world, which for many is an extension of the personality. It is the communication of intimate concepts that cannot be faithfully portrayed by words alone.” [1] 

Since childhood, I have never dreamed of being a king or a prince even though I am a descendent of the lineage of the greatest king who ruled Earth [2] . My desire since I was a young boy in the third grade [3]  was to become a painter like Van Gogh.

Because I was also an energetic child, my other wish was to be like Batman and fight evil. I never dreamed of supremacy or leadership, but I always tried to imitate the angels who fight evil on the battlefront. I would have preferred to be a soldier (warrior) whose face is covered with dust and mud and his body is covered with blood and uncountable wounds. One of my role models was the Archangel Michael who is always fighting the army of demons and was the greatest warrior in the battle of good versus evil. A prince who lives a luxurious life followed by a crowd of other secondary princes and royalties was never one of my desires. Where is the pleasure in a life of luxury? 

The real pleasure is in the art that opens uncharted worlds to me that no one has seen before or set a foot in it. On the other hand, fighting and dying to protect others whether a beloved woman or a vulnerable individual was one of my favorite dreams.

Now, after such a long journey in life, I have discovered that I am still a six-year-old child who did not grow one day older, and my dreams are still the same - an angel around whom a horde of princes revolve in a world of paintings and colors that no one has ever explored.

The details of the painting An Angel & Princes are derived from the ancient Mesopotamian Pictograph Writing System executed through my one-of-a-kind style (Logogramism) and unique mixed-media. 

Artist: Amer Hanna Fatuhi

Artwork Title & Artist: An Angel and Princes

Technique: Mixed-media

Measurements: 20 x 20 | 7.87 x  7.87 Inches

Date & Price: 1991 | $7,500

 

 



[2] Nebuchadnezzar

[3] I won the Painting Prize for elementary schools, which among the prizes was a book about the art of painting and painters

 


No comments:

Post a Comment